Online Training - Scala and Akka for Finance Dec 04 2019 16:56 languageMoneyScience
keyboard_arrow_downkeyboard_arrow_up Visit resource
Learn to create concurrent financial systems using Scala and Akka!
Cost: $199.99 (Discounts may be available)
- Read and write code in Scala.
- Learn functional programming and higher-order functions
- Understand how the Actor system works, and how it allows for easy concurrency.
- Create simple financial systems using the Akka library.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming, and experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Python, Java, C#, or C++.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who already know an object-oriented programming language, preferably Java, but have no experience with Scala or functional programming.
About the Tutor
Henry Dang, Software Developer
My name is Henry and I'm a programmer. I'm the author of the book "The Mostly Mathless Guide to TensorFlow" and have worked on open-source projects like Django.
My interests are in machine learning, concurrency, and software development. You can find information about my current work by visiting my blog at https://www.henrydangprg.com. There, I post instructional articles that cover a wide range of topics, from functional programming, to software development tips.
This course includes
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
In Scala and Akka for Finance, you'll learn how to use Akka to create concurrent financial systems.
You'll learn about lots of topics, including :
- Functional programming
- Higher-order functions
- Supervisor pattern
- Universally Unique Identifiers
And lots more!
This course, unlike many other courses, is a hands-on course, and is best suited for students who prefer to learn actively. In this course, you'll find :
- Five sections
- Five quizzes for self-testing
- Two hands-on coding exercises, with COMPLETE video solutions
- Hours of code-along videos at JUST the right pace
- PowerPoint lectures that discuss the WHY before we start coding. No more mindless copy and pasting!
Some other coding courses dive through hundreds and hundreds of lines of code with hardly any explanation. On the other hand, this course emphasizes understanding the code, rather than just mindlessly churning out lines of confusing code. If you are a student that enjoys actively learning and understanding the WHY behind the code, and not just the HOW, then this course is the perfect fit for you!