Emanuel Derman - A Stylized History of Quantitative Finance Jan 31 2020 18:10 languageMoneyScience
keyboard_arrow_downkeyboard_arrow_up Visit resource
The evolution of a quantitative approach to finance has proceeded through many small but significant steps and occasional large epiphanies.
Over the past 70 years financial models have quantified the notion of derivatives, diffusion, risk, diversification, hedging, volatility, replication, and no riskless arbitrage, and explored their consequences.
- Soft Power
- The Song of Mandelay
- Bagazh – Happy End
- Physical vs Social Interventions
- Psychological and Physical Time and Space
- Rolling Thunder: Nostalgia for Nostalgia
- Why Financial Heists Are Getting Bigger
- J.M. Coetzee on Afrikaners and English and Rage
- Scenes from Provincial Life*
- Observations on the Phenomenology of Pleasure and Pain