Bank of Italy and Bocconi University 2nd conference on ‘Financial stability and Regulation’
The Bank of Italy and Bocconi University – BAFFI CAREFIN are organizing the second biennial conference on ‘Financial stability and Regulation’. The event will take place on March 19-20, 2020 at the headquarters of the Bank of Italy in Rome.
The aim of the conference is to bring together leading world scholars and policy-makers in order to discuss topics related to financial stability, financial sector regulation and the use of macroprudential policies.
Patrick Bolton (Columbia Business School and Imperial College), Christine Parlour (Berkeley Haas) and Hyun Song Shin (Bank for International Settlements) have kindly agreed to deliver the keynote lectures.
We welcome theoretical and empirical contributions on topics including, but not limited to:
• coordination of macroprudential and monetary policy
• macro-finance models of linkages between the real and financial sectors
• interaction between micro and macroprudential policies
• systemic risk measurement
• assessment and calibration of macroprudential policies
• spillovers from bank regulation to the non-bank financial intermediation sector
• interaction between liquidity, capital and bail-inable debt requirements
• optimal design and the real effects of bank crises management
• financial stability risks from the development of Fintech
• regulatory responses in the financial sector to Cyber Risk
• challenges owing to the impact of climate change
Papers should be submitted in PDF format to [email protected]. The deadline for submission is October 31, 2019. The authors of accepted papers will be notified by December 31, 2019. The conference organizers will cover travel and accommodation expenses for presenters from academic institutions.
The members of the conference Scientific Committee are: Giovanni Dell’Ariccia, Robert DeYoung, Nicola Gennaioli, Mariassunta Giannetti, Steven Ongena, Guillermo Ordoñez, Marco Pagano, Christine Parlour, José-Luis Peydró, Rafael Repullo, Jean Charles Rochet and Paola Sapienza.
The members of the Local Organizing Committee are: Elena Carletti, Filippo De Marco, Giorgio Gobbi and Anatoli Segura.