Cantor’s Paradise - Medium Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:36:56 GMT language
We are looking for contributors on math-related topics
We know what our readers want to read about. They care about very specific topics, and are willing to spend their time digesting, commenting and applauding essays that cover such topics. Such topics currently include mathematics, physics, computer science, finance and philosophy.
At Cantor’s Paradise, we care about quality over quantity. Writing for a Medium publication should be something special. Your story shouldn’t drown in a stream of dusins of stories every day, it should have its moment and be allowed to to shine. That is why, at Cantor’s Paradise, we are all about what we call the four E’s (evaluation, exposure, exclusivity and earnings):
- Evaluation. We believe in the value of having every new story read and evaluated by other writers before they are published. Feedback from other writers who care about the same topics you do is what ensures that content on Cantor’s Paradise is of the highest quality, and so maximizes visibility both on Medium and the internet at large.
- Exposure. Writers want to be read. At Cantor’s Paradise, we’ve in a few short months built audiences on Medium, Facebook and Substack that are eagerly waiting to read your work. Submitting to Cantor’s Paradise ensures that your story will have its moment to shine.
- Exclusivity. Quality over quantity. We won’t flood our readers’ feeds with stories they don’t care about. What’s best for your story is having it put in front of people who will read it, as Medium’s recommendation algorithm evaluates percentages of clicks per view. If you write for us, your stories will be both viewed by and clicked by people who are interested in that topic.
- Earnings. Through the Medium Partner Program, by having your essay read by the people who care about it, you will retain 100% of the earnings of your story. Depending on the quality of your writing and the match of your topic and our audience, your earnings could range from a few dollars a week to hundreds and even thousands. The near-evergreen nature of the topics we cover on Cantor’s Paradise combined with Medium’s superior SEO ensures that as time goes on, your earnings remain.
To have your work evaluated for Cantor’s Paradise, please submit a draft link via email to: [email protected]. If you’d like a particular Editor review your work, make sure to mark the submission with his/her name.
Before you submit, ensure that:
- Your submitted draft is on Medium. We don’t review Google Docs, Word files, text in emails or any other file formats.
- Your story complies with Medium’s Curation Guidelines and you guarantee that it in accordance with Medium’s Terms of Service.
After you’ve published your first article on Cantor’s Paradise, you will be featured as an staff writer and be eligible to submit your next post directly on Medium.
You will remain the only owner of your work and will be able to edit or delete it at any moment, even after we have published it. The feedback our editors and community provide to you will appear at the relevant place in your article. You will be able to dismiss or respond to them. Think of Cantor’s Paradise as a publishing channel, helping you direct your stories to people who want to read them. We are are not your employers or bosses. All we care about is helping you find and grow your audience.
Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:36:56 GMT language